|“||Now I know why you guys are always making fun of me so much. I'm stupid!||”|
The Rats switch their bionic chips after talking about how they want a different ability. Adam has Bree's speed, Bree has Chase's intelligence, and Chase has Adam's strength. Ignoring Davenport's warning, they go to school and Chase, not used to heat vision, accidentally traps Leo and Principal Perry inside the elevator during a drill as part of Emergency Preparedness Week at the school after Bree complains about the noise the fire alarm bell makes. Right before Chase traps them, Adam finds out that he has guacamole on his shirt and super speeds home to get tortilla chips for it. Chase is unable to do anything, so the Rats race home try to switch back their chips, but accidentally end up with Chase with Bree's speed, Bree with Adam's strength, and Adam with Chase's intelligence. Adam figures out that Bree can pull the elevator cables, lifting Leo and Principal Perry to safety. This works, but Davenport busts them, but is glad that they learn their lesson about chip switching, and that it didn't cost him a dime.
- Billy Unger as Chase Davenport
- Spencer Boldman as Adam Davenport
- Kelli Berglund as Bree Davenport
- Tyrel Jackson Williams as Leo Dooley
- Hal Sparks as Donald Davenport
- Peggy Miley as Mother Perry
- Leo's shirt matches the plot of this episode, because there was a fire drill.
- The robotic hand that Chase picked up from the lab (the one that Donald said he invented) is the same hand that rose from the debris in Bionic Showdown.
- Adam thinks he's less stupid without his super strength.
- This episode reveals that Principal Perry's full name is 'Terry Cherry Perry'.
- It is revealed that at Leo's old school, he was called Leo Doody.
- This is the first and only episode where the bionic siblings switched their chips.
- This is one of few episodes where Leo and Principal Perry get along.
- This is the first time Chase is without his super intelligence, and he feels useless without it.
- Adam, Bree, and Chase need Leo to push a button to switch their chips, but when they switch them later on, there's no Leo to push the button, yet the switch is successful.
- When Adam explains to Chase that he has to stretch before lifting something heavy, he has more guacamole on his shirt than he does when Bree realizes it.
|“|| Bree: (To Chase) I call your super-smarts!
Adam: (To Bree) I call your super-speed!
Chase: (To Adam) I call your super-strength!
Leo: I call good looks and charisma! Oh, too late. Already got 'em.
— The Team when they decide to switch their chips
|“|| Chase: Now, Leo, I have the most important job of all for you. Now, once we get inside, I'm going to need you... to push... this green button.
Leo: Yeah. And then I'll push the button that makes you stop talking to me like I'm FIVE.
— Chase and Leo
|“|| Principal Perry: (As the elevator goes up) Did you push a button?
Leo: No. You must have bumped it when you shifted your center of gravy... GRAVITY!
— Perry and Leo in the elevator
|“||It's times like these I think: Who's gonna feed all my cats? I hope they don't eat Mother. I hope she doesn't THEM!||”|
— Principal Perry
|“||(Points to head) I got all sorts of smarts up in here. Like numbers, and mathy stuff.||”|
— Chase when he doesn't have his smarts
|The image gallery for Chip Switch may be viewed here.|